Salesforce Solution ArchitectApply For This Position
What you need for this position
- End-to end Salesforce.com implementation experience with the following focus:
- Solution Architect experience on implementation projects using Agile Iterative approach
- Understanding of key Salesforce.com architectural concepts and how they influence design
- Force.com platform experience, including the limitations of the platform (e.g. API and governor limits)
- Evaluation of Salesforce.com with 3rd party solutions
- Ability to meaningfully articulate Salesforce terminology, processes, functionality, and architecture
- Applied knowledge of SFDC and CRM processes including Sales, Services and Marketing functions
- Salesforce Developer and/or Consultant-level certifications (architecture certifications a plus!)
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud (preferred), with the ability to acquire and maintain various additional Salesforce certifications
- 3-5 years of consulting experience or 5-7 years of applicable work experience (minimum of 2+ years of experience in a solution architect role)
- Strong leadership and influence skills – demonstrates the ability to influence program partners to meet project and program objectives.
- Ability to create workflows, architectural diagrams, technical specifications (experience creating complex process flows using Lucid Chart/Vizio)
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of middleware applications (e.g. Jitterbit, Mulesoft, Boomi, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication to technical audiences, non-technical audiences, and senior management.
- Background with architecture concepts (integration styles, architecture styles, patterns)
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM) techniques and tools.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Highly organized, detail oriented, innovator
- Emotionally intelligent; ability to manage people and situations with tact
- Must be able to “think on your feet” and demonstrate a strong ability and initiative to learn
- Consultative, great listener, proactive
- Flexible, adaptable, responsive
- Trustworthy, reliable, respectful
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Accountable and open to constructive feedback
- Open to the possibility of travel up to 15% of the time