Contract Salesforce AdministratorApply For This Position
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, go-getter Salesforce Administrator to join their team on a contract basis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as key subject matter expert and administrator for the company’s Salesforce-related technology stack.
- Advise on the prioritization and execution of enhancements across associated technologies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the capabilities and enhancements to the technology suite, including maintaining release updates, Salesforce Admin and Sales Cloud certifications.
- Create and manage workflow rules, data validation and triggers
- Accountable for maintaining the data integrity and hygiene of relevant databases.
- Document and uphold the processes, procedures and tracking of internal functions.
- Partner with departmental leadership to maintain and enhance the scheduled and ad hoc tracking and reporting of operational and performance metrics.
- Adhere to best practices for SFDC processes, data governance, administrative process, and user adoption.
- Provide high-touch customer service to support the leadership throughout the company.
- Participate in additional projects as assigned.
- Ensuring optimal performance of Salesforce systems and products
- Upgrading and configuring Salesforce systems for optimized integration (Installed Package & Certificate Maintenance)
- Managing Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups.
- Updating inventory of employees, including: quotas, utilization targets, location, start dates, exit dates, etc.
- Building and maintaining custom reports and dashboards.
- Ownership of the accuracy of real-time, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and dashboards.
- Quickly fix bugs and troubleshoot and resolve errors.
- Project data upkeep and configuration in Financial Force; troubleshooting and bug fixes.
- Performing database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing, deprecating unused fields.
- Evaluating and installing new managed package releases, as well as providing training and support.
- Documenting processes, including error reports and changes to field history tables.
- Maintaining change request intake and partnering to gain approval and execute approved changes
- Partnering with development resources to execute enhancements, as required
- Monthly imports of Salesforce certification data
- Monthly account purchased asset management
Required Education and Experience
- Post-high school degree or training required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a team environment.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Expertise in Google Sheets & Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Salesforce communities, especially Lightning.
- Experience with Rollup Helper
- Strong project management skills desired
- Experience with Copado or other deployment and release management solutions a plus